If is about resolving your past and staging you for a healthy present; and
if is to walk with you in your journey from present to a bright future
Marriage Counseling and Relationship Coaching
[we offer both]
[We Directly Talk about & Focus on Your Best Solutions]
Marriage Counseling & Relationship Coaching
- similar goals; different approaches and applicability
#1. Diagnosis & Issues driven
#2. Problem Focussed
#3. Ideal if Mental Health is also a problem
Combining the Two
Even the GOALS can be different in seeking help from a Marriage Counselor (Psychotherapist) and / or Couples Coach. And YES, you can avail both.
#1. Results driven
#2. Opportunity Focussed
#3. Ideal for all seeking quicker yet effective results
- IF NOT DIAGNOSED WITH MENTAL HEALTH CONDITIONS- ENGAGING A COUPLES COACH IS A WIN-WIN even if diagnosed; READ BELOW
Marriage Counselor (Psychotherapists) attend to issues even relating to mental health if that is in play in relationship crisis. If not diagnosed, you may just seek Relationship Coaching.
RELATIONSHIP WITH THE PRACTITIONER
Orientation and Approach
Marriage Counseling is systematic, follow professional ethics and is both process and method driven. Relationship Coaching is relatively informal, proactive, futuristic goals driven tending to a much shorter time-line with straight, direct yet intense conversations.
- COMBINING COACHING WITH COUNSELING- BENEFITS ARE COMPLEMENTARY NOT OVERLAPPING
Benefits of a marriage counseling
- It is more about the past and the present.
- Emphasis is more around feelings, thoughts and emotions in resolving the differences.
- It does take time – medium to long term benefits.
- Since Counseling is process driven, meeting agenda is more in control of the Practitioner.
- Helps with analyzing fears; helps even unmotivated clients; sessions are time-distanced as weekly or twice in a month, sometimes just monthly; not time-bound; helps alleviate dysfunctions caused by the diagnosis.
Benefits of Relationship Coaching
- It is more about the present and the future.
- Emphasis is more on taking action around goals to resolve the differences.
- It is more immediate and can take longer but cannot last more than 2-6 months.
- Meeting agenda can be proposed by the clients.
- Helps more with removing fears, helps clients motivated to achieve a goal or a result; sessions can be dictated by need or even clients themselves; it can be as frequent as twice or even thrice in a week to once in 2 weeks; very much time-bound by appointed GOALS; helps clients to be able to combat future relationships issues by leaving enough proactive exercises and routines to follow.